Saturday 30 May 2009

Spring Watch

Here are some pictures of Spring in our garden.

I saw our mother fox suckling her four cubs last Sunday morning;

two squirrels mating on our drive - have they no shame! -

and honey bees collecting nectar from our poppies. ( I don't know if they are opium poppies; if so, perhaps that's why they are so popular with the bees.)

And yesterday we saw a baby goldfinch going for its first solo walk - hopefully not into the jaws of one of our neighbourhood cats.

My beloved spake, and said unto me,
'Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
For lo, the winter is past,
the rain is over and gone;
the flowers appear on the earth;
the time of the singing of birds is come,
and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;
the fig tree putteth forth her green figs,
and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell.
Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.'
The Song of Solomon, Chapter 2

No comments: